Dear valued patients/parents,
We sincerely hope you have been safe and healthy during these uncertain times. As you may know, the San Diego Human and Health Services Agency and California Department of Public Health have recently authorized dentists to resume routine and preventive care for patients. So it gives us great pleasure to announce that we have reopened the office on Monday, May 18 and resumed normal business hours. We are so excited to welcome back our wonderful families!
The health and safety of our patients and employees is of the utmost importance. Please know that we have been closely monitoring new developments and guidelines related to COVID-19 (coronavirus). Infection control protocols made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OHSA) have always been and will continue to be tightly regulated within our practice. Rest assured that we maintain the highest standards with our sterilization process, instrumentation protocols, and facility cleaning. We have also implemented additional measures to our already rigorous sanitization standards which follow recommendations from the CDC and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH).
- All patients and employees will respond to a COVID-19 screening questionnaire prior to entrance which consists the following:
- Are you feeling sick or have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Have you been in close contact with a person who has or may have COVID-19?
- Have you traveled or gone on a cruise in the past 14 days?
If you have answered yes to any of the questions, please reschedule your appointment.
- All patients and employees will undergo temperature screening.
- All patients will arrive to the office wearing a mask.
- All employees will be using upgraded personal protective equipment (PPE): N95 masks, Level-3 surgical masks, gowns, and eyewear for all procedures.
- Hand sanitizing stations and multiple medical grade H13 HEPA filters have been established throughout the office.
- Treatment and common areas will be regularly disinfected including door handles, toilet seats, faucets, and other public touch points.
Procedurally, we ask that patients wait in their vehicle until their appointment time and check in by texting (858) 679-6660. After check-in is confirmed, please have your child(ren) accompanied by one family member only. Any accompanying family member will be asked to arrive to the office wearing a mask for the duration of the appointment.
Our office will be calling patients and rescheduling appointments that have been canceled or delayed. If you have not heard from us yet and would like to schedule an appointment, please call our office or email us at email@example.com.
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding. We look forward to seeing you!
The Team at Dr. Ellen Im Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics